Just brought home your Apple Vision Pro and are ready to start developing? Well hold on a second – the process for setting it up isn’t super clear and doesn’t exist anywhere in Apple’s documentation that I could find. The steps are pretty simple, but you will be jumping back and forth between the headset and your mac.
- Connect both devices to the same wifi network
- On Vision Pro: Settings > General > Remote Devices
- On Mac: Xcode -> Devices & Simulators -> Select your Vision Pro & enter the code
- On Mac: Run a build targeted at your vision pro device which should now be a run destination (The developer mode isn’t visible until you do this), you will get an error saying developer mode is not enabled.
- On Vision Pro: Privacy & Security > Developer Mode
After that your Apple Vision Pro will reboot and you will be ready for development!